Thursday, February 24, 2011

48 Degrees - Freewrite

It is 48º today and the date is February 18, 2011.  This is the last day before our long weekend, for which I have a fun plan ahead (hopefully it turns out that way).  For my Film History class I have to go into the city and see a movie that first premiered between 1945 and 1980 in one of three venues: Film Forum, IFC Center, or MOMA (Museum of Modern Art).  Me and two of my friends are going Sunday via train and subway to catch a screening of The Godfather at the Film Forum.  As of this writing I haven't planned this out too much so I'll have to "get the ball rolling" once this class ends.  I originally wanted to see Jaws which was playing at the IFC, but one of my friends, who is a huge fan of "classic"movies, coerced me into seeing The Godfather, which apparently was on his "list"of movies to see on a big screen.  It doesn't matter much to me anyway; I've seen both movies multiple times and I am excited (albeit a little nervous) about traveling to NYC for the first time on my own.

[UPDATE]:  Last weekend turned out to be a fun adventure after all and to my surprise not once did we hit a snag on our way!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend. Its always fun doing something that not everyone has the chance to do. Traveling to the city can be tough, but not to bad if you are with someone. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete